Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 9, 2012 - Day 2, At Sea

Today was our first “at sea” day.
I love, love, LOVE eating breakfast on the deck of a ship.  I love the wind, the sound of the waves, the reggae music pumping through the speaker system.  We had breakfast from the buffet and continued to sit on the deck for a while, trying to decide what to do with our time.

When a ship is out to sea, the on-board shops open.  We took a little time to stroll through the jewelry , perfume, and souvenir stores. 
Joey’s sister, Pennie, had said that she intended to spend the day laying in the sun on the deck, and so when we finished looking through the shops, she went back to their cabin to put on her bathing suit.  I am not much for sunning, but Joey is, and so I went back to our cabin, got my book, and joined them on the deck (though I tucked myself back into a shady area, knowing that I’d sunburn in nothing flat).  We had lunch at the snack bar on deck, then I went back to the cabin, stretched out across the bed for a minute…

…and woke up two hours later.

At 4 p.m., I went to a short origami class and learned to make a box out of paper.  Yippeee!  ;)

We had an early dinner in the main dining room, then caught the “Broadway” show in the ship theatre.  After that, we went up to the top deck to watch the LSU-Alabama football game.  When the game was over, we peeked in on a 50’s “sock hop” in one of the lounges.  Pennie & Gus called it a night, but Joey and I went to another lounge for a little salsa dancing.  Called it a night around midnight. 

When we returned to our room, we found that our steward had made us a towel animal.  Apparently, the outcome of the LSU-‘Bama game influenced his design choice.

Roll Tide Roll!  J






1 comment:

  1. I love at-sea days! And eating breakfast on the ship is one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete